Friday, November 2, 2007

Texting vs Talking vs Calling Survey

These are charts of recent surveys I have done at a local High School on people's favorite way to communicate. I just simply asked them, "How do you like to talk to people? Talking, Texting, or Calling?" and I recorded their answer and sex. As you can tell from the graph, people would rather talk face to face than texting and only about 5% of the people I asked would rather call but only 20% would rather text. So this made me wonder. Why do teens text 24/7 when most would rather Talk face to face? Another survey done by MobileBurn Forums shows the overwhelming difference of texters, so I ask those people who text all the time. Why?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

its a great thing doin an servay i to compare this is a great way to find out how they like comuncating

omar said...

interesting topic but you need to show more details to let the reader know how many kids you tested and how many of them were boys/girls.

Brandy said...

I agree with you. A lot of people say they want to talk face to face but they just end up texting. The thing i dont understand is why? Well i love the way you talk about things in you blog. It makes the readers want to read more! :]

Tyler said...

Your pictures dont show you might want to fix that befor you get more visitors. Your explanation was good.

Tiffany said...

I agree with you, I dont understand why people just dont talk face to face. Texting is fun in all, but when you come down to face to face, you dont have anything to say. I enjoyed your graphs it explained just what you were talking about. Great job! :]

Jessica said...

I totally agree with you. your survey results were pretty surprising. If teenagers would rather talk face to face then why do they always text?????

Dennis said...

nice blog, good info to go with it, no errors , good overall. People just like to text more its easier