Thursday, October 18, 2007

Views on this

Texting needs to stop. This is one teen who is incredibly sick of texting all day long. You may see this as a pure rant, but I do not care. Texting needs to stop, it is distracting people from work they need to do, having a normal conversation is being replaced, and doing important stuff by just calling is not good anymore. People break up, start relationships, and even plan things through texting! A study done by Scientists (detailed in an article entitled "Why tlk whn u cn txt?") talks about how people today would rather communicate electronically than face to face or even voice to voice. Most people would argue that IM and texting, "Saves time" but really, for all we are losing, saving 5 seconds isnt worth it. Also, doing important things through text is not right. Like what this forum says, you know, how can you have a special person if you never hear their voice. I wish there was some way to stop this, but unfortunatly, there is none. Please readers, just make the call.

4 comments:

child slavery said...

so what do you think is better

Brandy said...

I really like you writing and the discription that you give. But me personaly I love texting I think that it is a good resorce. But you are right people need to stop texting so much they need to pick up the phone and call! Why do you think that it is better to call then text? Well nice paragraph! :]

Tiffany said...

Ok, so your blog totally made me think of how much I text...and wow that is so true! I think people should call and not txt when they want to talk. Great blog :]

Jessica said...

I also think that calling is a better way of communicating, but texting is neccessary sometimes although it is neccessary SOMETIMES i agree that texting is not the best way to communicate and it's way over used. I also agree that there really isn't anything that could be done about it.